[CentOS] building cobbler on centos (added info)

Matt Hyclak

hyclak at math.ohiou.edu
Thu Jun 21 15:15:07 UTC 2007

On Thu, May 17, 2007 at 09:35:30AM -0400, Matt Hyclak enlightened us:
> On Thu, May 17, 2007 at 02:43:50AM -0500, Johnny Hughes enlightened us:
> > > I've already done it for you: http://www.math.ohiou.edu/pub/casit/et-tools/
> > >
> > > We're working on getting those into CentOS Extras. There may be some RPMs up
> > > in the testing repo, I've not checked lately to see if they made it there or
> > > not.
> > >
> > > Matt
> >
> > Just to follow up on this post ... there are cobbler, koan, puppet RPMs
> > for CentOS-5 in the testing repo ... not for CentOS-4 yet though.
>
> Slacker, get on that!
>
> You should be able to shove the SRPMs from the above URL into the build
> queue and they ought to come out just fine on the other end.
>
> Matt

Just to follow up, there are now RPMs in the testing repo for both c4 and
c5. (http://dev.centos.org/centos/4/ and http://dev.centos.org/centos/5/
respectively).

If you try out cobbler or puppet, please leave feedback (positive and
negative both, please!) at the bug trackers so we can get these moved to the
Extras repository ASAP.

Cobbler and friends: http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=2124
Puppet and friends: http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=2125

Thanks!