[CentOS] Problem Installing On ASUS P5VD2-VM Motherboard

Iain Gardiner

igardiner at austcollege.com.au
Fri Jun 22 00:18:37 UTC 2007

Hi All

I was wondering if anyone has installed CentOS 4.x on the following
configuration? Our specs for the server are ASUS P5VD2-VM Motherboard, Intel
Core2Duo processor, 2 x 250GB Seagate SATA HDD with 2GB RAM. I am currently
trying to install SME Server 7.1 on this configuration. The SME forum has
recommended I post here as well to see if anybody can help.

The message I am getting is:

Running anaconda, the SME Server system Installer - Please Wait....

Traceback (most recent call list):

-- File "/usr/bin/anaconda", line 1130, in ? instClass.setInstallData(id)

-- File "/tmp/product/installclasses/smeinstallclass.py", line 297, in

setInstallData

-- self.setDefaultPartitioning( id.partitions, doClear=0)

-- File "/tmp/product/installclasses/smeinstallclass.py", line 262, in

setDefaultPartitioning

-- dispatch.skipStep("partition", skip=0)

NameError: global name 'dispatch' is not defined

install exited abnormally

sending termination signals ... Done

sending kill signals ... Done

disabling swap ... Done

unmounting file system

/mnt/runtime

disabling /deve/loop0

/proc/bus/usb

/proc

/dev/pts

/sys

/tmp/ramfs

/mnt/source

system ready for reboot ......

I have tried the SME 7.2 testing version, running SATA HDD's as SATA1,
switching off all RAID options, updating BIOS and now I'm out of ideas, if
anyone can help in any way this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Iain