[CentOS] How can I set NIC duplex before installation?

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Mon Jun 25 23:51:04 UTC 2007

John Horne wrote:
> Okay, that seems easy enough :-) Thanks.
> However, is the anaconda NIC ordering the same as those listed by the
> bios? For a mixed NIC server it could be important.

not always.    I've got some Intel SE7501WV2 based dual xeon servers
which have dual intel pro1000 NICs onboard...    the BIOS, MS Windows,
etc think the one labled '0' on the outside is in fact the first port,
but RHEL2.1 and RHEL3 at least thought that they were swapped, and that
eth0 was the port labeled '1', while eth1 is the port labeled '0'.

I know I could probably force the issue, instead, I just live with it.
those servers have been SO reliable I've never had to dink with them.