[CentOS] How to add to EPEL wishlist?

Radu-Cristian FOTESCU beranger5ca at yahoo.ca
Fri Jun 29 06:27:51 UTC 2007

> What's amazing is that he got his problem resolved, I would never have
> thought to post to this list to get something on the fedora wiki fixed.
> It's kinda like posting to a MS Word list a problem about OpenOffice.

Well, thank you all, but Paul, you're not correct. My first mail asked for advice. It was not "hey, I want those packages in EPEL!", but rather "does anyone know how one can suggest packages to be added to EPEL?" I thought that was clear enough, and since EPEL users are RHEL users + CentOS users + SL users + StartCom users, I also believed [some of] you should already be using EPEL, some of you needing more, and some of you already *knowing* how to add suggestions for EPEL!

To me, it was a very logical thing to do: ask people who NEED those packages, not people who are not actually using them! (Fedora guys use Fedora, right?)

It's amazing indeed how things moved towards a solution, however it's also amazing how in A.D. 2007 people always rush to cry "wrong list! wrong list!", w/o even making the i++; logical iteration to realize _why_ the post was made on this list! When I first used a mailing list 12 years ago, discussions were absolutely frank, open, polite and low-stress, but now on almost all lists there are wars, flame wars, nervous people and "bad karma".

Thank you,
R-C