[CentOS] Intro

Niki Kovacs contact at kikinovak.net
Fri Jun 29 15:53:14 UTC 2007

Ray Leventhal a écrit :

> I'm not new to Linux...have been using various RH/Fedora products,
> though I cut my teeth heavily back in the early 90s with FreeBSD and
> more recently Slackware.

Welcome to the club, Ray! I'm also an ex-Slacker, started Linux when 7.1
came out, used it for a while, hopped distros for a while, came back to
Slack for a few years... then a few months ago decided to move to
CentOS, and I think I've made a good choice. I'm a modest sysadmin of a
  network of eleven public libraries, plus a few town halls and public
cyber-cafés. I started to install these (servers and clients) with
Debian last summer, but recently found out that CentOS 5 is the better
choice. The doc on the centos site (RHEL guide + wiki) is excellent.

Cheers,

Niki Kovacs