[CentOS] Help Regarding Badblocks check in kick start installation very

Will McDonald wmcdonald at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 10:43:35 UTC 2007

On 02/03/07, balajisundar at midascomm.com <balajisundar at midascomm.com> wrote:
>  In Redhat 7.2 kick start installation,badblocks check for HDD is working
>  on creating partition.
>
>  But in Centos badblocks check is not working in kick start installation.
>
>   Badblocks check command in kickstart file
>
>   part / --fstype ext3 --badblocks --size 1000
>   part /home --fstype ext3 --badblocks --size 12000
>   part /usr --fstype ext3 --badblocks --size 9000
>   part  swap --size 1000
>   part /backup --fstype ext3 --badblocks --size 12000 --grow
>

>   Please send me a solution for badblocks check command for CentOS and
>   please help me it is very urgent reply immediatly to solve this.

Have you had a look through the docs for Kickstart options under
RHEL4? It's not uncommon for things that used to work one way to be
changed significantly, especially when jumping as far as 7.x to EL4.

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/sysadmin-guide/s1-kickstart2-options.html

30 seconds Googling would've confirmed that badblocks appears to be no
longer supported in EL4.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=badblocks+kickstart&meta=

http://www.redhat.com/archives/kickstart-list/2005-August/msg00073.html

Reposting your very urgent message which has already been posted is
only going to lead to pissing people off. Though I suppose it
irritated me enough to actually check which is like me telling off a
naughty puppy for misbehaving by giving it a biscuit.

Will.