[CentOS] php-4.4 rpm

Sun Mar 4 12:31:57 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-01 at 22:07 +0100, Michael Kress wrote:
> I wrote:
> > well, that indeed sounded promising, but the srpm doesn't compile on
> > my x86_64 machine. The srpm is ok as I was able to compile and use it
> > on an i386 machine. I even was able to change to 4.4.5 with art's spec
> > file. No prob. On x86_64 there's many errors in the configure process,
> > due to the lack of lib64 patches against the config.m4 files of gd,
> > dba, etc...
> > I'm currently creating these patches but I wonder if somebody already
> > has done this work? I'll post them if the thing works.
> >

> Jesus ... this is hard stuff - has anybody got a good lib64 patch set in
> order to compile php-4.4.* on a x86_64 ?
> I discovered that I have to use libtool 1.4 which comes with rhel3, but
> it fails executing libtool :
> /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libcrypt.so when searching
> for -lcrypt
> /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libcrypt.a when searching
> for -lcrypt
> /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libnsl.so when searching for
> -lnsl
> I think it's because libtool got the parameter -L/usr/lib but I can't
> find the place in hell where it's m4'ed together.
> Has anybody got an idea?
> TIA
> Michael

If you are trying to build items on x86_64, you need to do so on a clean
machine that only contains x86_64 packages plus these 2 (and only
_THESE_2_) i[3,4,5,6]86 files:  glibc.i686, glibc-devel.i386.

You can get that by installing a chroot, using mock, or controlling you
build machine to only contain those files.  We use all 3 methods inside
the CentOS Project to do this, depending on what we are building and
what version of CentOS we are building on/for.

If using mock on an x86_64 machine ... this exclude line will get you
only those files in your mock build root:

exclude=[ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefhijklmnopqrstuvwxyz]*.i?86 g[abcdefghijkmnopqrstuvwxyz]*.i?86 glib2*.i?86 glib-*.i?86 glib.i?86

(That is all one line)

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes