[CentOS] Custom ananconda

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Fri Mar 9 14:05:57 UTC 2007

Tronn Wærdahl wrote:
> Hello mail list
>
> Forgive me if i doble post, coz my first attetemt didnt go through
>
> Im trying to include a new selection in "Installation type" in the
> anaconda installer when installing Centos 4.3
> I have successfull made a inclution of "my" rpms when installing the OS,
> by modifying the  the base group in the file comps.xml
>
> But what im trying to do is make a new selection in the Installation
> window [where you choose Server, desktop, custom..]
>

> I need some guidance about this topic, any help would be appriciated

take a look at the installclasses/ stuff inside anaconda, if you dont
want to rebuild the installer, you can just drop updated .py files into
an updates.img ( which goes into the /CentOS/base/ directory.

Also, if you are hosting another project on the CentOS distro, let us
know so we can then list you on the www.centos.org website.

- KB