[CentOS] Centos blocked

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Mar 9 15:35:21 UTC 2007

Dago Pacheco wrote:
> Hi
> I use to leave my PC turned on for a long time, but ultimately I've
> found it blocked.  The  mouse just don't work and the keyboard leds
> are blinking and there is no HD activity.
I get this time to time as well on my notebook.  I have to unplug and
pull the battery to get it to restart.

I think it has to do with overheating.  Since I changed out my harddrive
(which died from overheating), I have not had the problem.

I don't think it is due to CPU overheating as the fan is running at max
all the time.  But typically I would hear the harddrive spinning and not
doing anything.
> I'd like to know which log should I check, to find the problem or what
> should I do.
Check the system logs from before the restart.