[CentOS] Re: LDAP Server configs

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Mar 12 03:00:16 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-12 at 07:13 +0900, John Summerfield wrote:
> kintaro oe wrote:
> > I tried to start the ldap server: service ldap start and it says ok..but when i tried to look at the messages logs this shows:
> >
> > Mar 11 07:48:16 main slaptest: sql_select option missing
> > Mar 11 07:48:16 main slaptest: auxpropfunc error no mechanism available
> > Mar 11 07:48:16 main ldap:  succeeded
> > Mar 11 07:48:16 main slapd[9183]: sql_select option missing
> > Mar 11 07:48:16 main slapd[9183]: auxpropfunc error no mechanism available
> > Mar 11 07:48:16 main ldap: slapd startup succeeded
> >
> > What does this mean?
> The means that you need to learn to use google to find how to do things.
> Google is faster than any mailing list, and will usually turn up better
> answers.
----
I have a bit of sympathy for OpenLDAP as the openldap.org admin manual
and their 'faq-o-matic' aren't going to answer either of his questions,
the openldap-software mail list would simply tell him that he needs to
upgrade to 2.3.34 and his questions are off-topic.

As someone who has googled for some things openldap, it is not the
easiest to get answers.

If that weren't enough, I already answered his 2 questions in less words
than I have spent here. It wasn't a big deal and the answers are not
easily googled or found in man pages or anywhere else.

Craig