[CentOS] Error on starting the apache Server

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 11:24:40 UTC 2007

On 3/13/07, Will McDonald <wmcdonald at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 13/03/07, Ern jura <exjura at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am using Centos 4.3 i386 and I installed the apache 2.0.59 php 5.1.6 and
> > mysql 5.0.27 rpms from the centosplus repositories.
> > I have two problems the first is:
> >
> > On starting the apache server I get the following error:
> >
> > [root at localhost linux 07-02-2007]# /usr/sbin/httpd
> > Syntax error on line 6 of
> > /etc/httpd/conf.d/auth_mysql.conf:
> > Cannot load /etc/httpd/modules/mod_auth_mysql.so into
> > server: libmysqlclient.so.14: cannot open shared object file: No such file
> > or directory

Note that mod_auth_mysql is very likely upgraded as well to version 3.
It's possible that the syntax for the config file has changed. You
should have /etc/httpd/conf.d/auth_mysql.conf.rpmnew or something
similar in that directory. If you do, compare the two files to see
what exactly has changed.

It would also be quite helpful for you to actually show us the .conf
file (sanitized to remove db user/pass/host info) so that we know
exactly where it's failing for you. I'm sure my line 6 is different
from yours.

> Don't start services directly, 'chkconfig' them on then 'service'
> start them to startup immediately.
>
> # chkconfig httpd on
> # service httpd start
>
> This *may* still result in an errors, I haven't got Apache, PHP and
> MySQL installed out of CentOS Plus on any systems but that's (one of)
> the canonical way(s) of starting services/daemons.
>
> Try that then report any errors from that point on.
>
> Will.

George Orwell