[CentOS] Re: [CentOS-announce] CentOS 5 (Beta) for i386 and x86_64 is released

Tue Mar 13 15:22:41 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-13 at 10:32 -0400, Jean Figarella wrote:
> Bart Schaefer wrote:
> > On 3/13/07, Lonny Selinger <lonny at bangtherockstogether.net> wrote:
> >>
> >> Forbidden
> >> You don't have permission to access /centos/5/ on this server.
> >>
> >> Are there restrictions somehow?
> >
> > A quick check from a couple of different places seems to indicate that
> > dynamic DSL IPs are not allowed access, but static IPs are able to get
> > in.
>
> I'm behind a T1 and can't get access to it. It would be nice to have
> this beta edition and start preparation before I deploy this new CentOS
> 5 version on 20+ workstations that I have.
>

> -Jean

All the kinks will work themselves out ... everything should work for
the majority of people and we are monitoring the mirrors.

Some mirrors may have bandwidth limits or connection limits that get
tripped, especially on the first day of the release.

Looking now, all the mirrors SEEM online now.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes