[CentOS] CentOS 5 (Beta) for i386 and x86_64 is released

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Tue Mar 13 22:12:12 UTC 2007

Sean Brown wrote:
> Thank you, this is good news. Am I correct in thinking that I will  not
> be able to upgrade a CentOS 5 Beta machine to CentOS 5 Final?

Red Hat's stance is generally, "This is not supported," or "This is not
supported but it might work." The latter I've seen in a recent beta,
might even have been RHEL5 beta, with the further note that "if it
doesn't work, tell us."

If you try really hard, I'm sure you can. I managed to get an FC3 system
to Nahant-clone (self-built) without even rebooting for the purpose, but
that was highly unofficial.

--

Cheers
John