[CentOS] sendmail and rbl blocking - generating statistics

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Wed Mar 14 10:50:51 UTC 2007

Erick Perez wrote:
> I have enabled the feature in sendmail.mc to check with spamhaus for
> spammers. However since this block is being made at MTA level, I would
> like to know is something can be done to obtain statistics of blocked
> attemps.

I don't know what you mean, are you talking about stats for your
machine, or more globally?

I use postfix; the logwatch report tells me who's blocked.

I have other rules too:
ehlo <something>
Something has to be present, resolvable and not a simple name. Stops
lots (and some, but not many legit senders, and they get warned by their
server if it's working)

The sender's IP must resolve to a domain name.

Those rules probably stop more than the block lists.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait