[CentOS] Evolution Woes

Wed Mar 14 13:31:16 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-13 at 16:35 -0400, Phil Schaffner wrote:
> Somewhat OT as this may not be CentOS/EL-specific.  I am seeking help in
> trying to determine why the combination of my work e-mail server and
> evolution is usually, but not always, giving the error
>
>         Error verifying signature
>         Cannot verify message signature: Incorrect message format
>
> on signed messages (such as those from Ralph Angenendt and Johnny
> Hughes), and refusing to display them; while the same messages are
> readable with a webmail interface, in the list archives, or when they go
> to my home address that is also subscribed to some of the same lists
> (same version of evolution at home and work).  This problem only started
> last week and the origin is probably related to infrastructure upgrades
> on the mail server, over which I have no control.
>
> Google has not come through on this one .  Many of the results seem to
> lead to sources or change-logs containing the strings, not to similar
> problem reports of fixes.  Can't find anything relevant in
> bugzilla.gnome.org, bugzilla.ximian.com, bugzilla.redhat.com, or
> bugs.centos.org.  Have searched without success in the evolution docs
> and on-line for a way to turn off the checks in evolution so the message
> will display.
>
> Has anyone else seen this behavior?
>
> Anyone have a fix or work-around?
>
> Thanks,
> Phil

Not sure of the full fix ... but you need to import the public key to be
able to validate the messages.

You may have something set so that signed messages (even those in clear
text) must be validated before they can be read.

For me ... you can download my CentOS.org / CentOS list public key here:

http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x6AC163B3

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes