[CentOS] sendmail and rbl blocking - generating statistics

Will McDonald wmcdonald at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 22:38:47 UTC 2007

On 14/03/07, John Summerfield <debian at herakles.homelinux.org> wrote:
> Will McDonald wrote:
> It might be quicker, but that doesn't make it more efficient;-)

And that's why I mentioned it'd be wise to test :) I know things are
never cut 'n dried and it depends on log makeup, datasets and whatnot.
There's always dozens of ways to do things and no one way is perfect.

> I often "evolve" my commandlines (I commonly use one that's 500+
> characters long) and if I don't start with a cat I often wish I did:-/

I can't think of a single instance of needing to 'cat | somethingelse'
 unless 'somethingelse' doesn't accept STDIN unless explicitly told
to. I could obviously be missing some corner case or just be ill
educated? :)

Will.