[CentOS] Via Eden

Dave Hatton lists at starground.it
Thu Mar 15 19:35:23 UTC 2007

I have in the past used an early VIA Mini-ITX motherboard for the basis of a
server.

I believe (and I'm ready to be corrected) that you will need to use an i586
Linux build as the VIA processors aren’t completely compatible with the i686
instruction set.

FWIW I changed from VIA to a Pentium M based mobo for the basis of a low
power / heat server - mainly because I was having problems running multiple
(8) drives from the VIA. At the time I had a dual slot riser card with two
promise cards and it worked OK but I found it a little slow.

Hope this helps

Daveh