[CentOS] This firewall rule will self-destruct

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Sun Mar 18 05:15:35 UTC 2007

Benjamin Smith wrote:
> On Friday 16 March 2007, MrKiwi wrote:
>
>>mitigate a situation
>>where you have no control over an intermediate firewall that
>>only passes port 80
>

> Yes, that's EXACTLY what I'm trying to do... but I dont' see how this exactly

You will have a race condition.

You could, maybe, enable the DNAT for the source IP of the http request,
that would alleviate both the race condition and the urgency to turn of off.

Also, you might be better enabling ssh through which you can more
cleanly pipe your steaming hot VNC.

Or negotiate a clean pass with your network administrator; such folk
tend to take a very dim view of those who would circumvent the rules.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait