[CentOS] HP DL585 G2 -- no nics

David Mackintosh David.Mackintosh at xdroop.com
Tue Mar 20 12:52:40 UTC 2007

On Tue, Mar 20, 2007 at 07:00:43AM -0400, Jim Wildman wrote:

> I can confirm that RHEL4u4 installs fine on these machines (u3 is a
> different fish).  I would second the suggestion to get the SmartStart CD
> (should have been one with the machine).  Also call HP (can't imagine
> this is a used box).

I have access to the real RedHat ISOs and that is on the list of things
to try today.

However one thing I neglected to mention is that this box was running
Gentoo quite well (NICs included) -- the only thing we did was remove
the Gentoo hard disk and insert a blank one for CentOS.

I'll also try the SmartStart disk anyways.

I believe someone else mentioned that the G2 was different from the
older DL585 -- I actually have an older DL585 working well.

--
 /\oo/\
/ /()\ \ David Mackintosh |