[CentOS] Linux at command

Frank M. Ramaekers

FRamaekers at ailife.com
Tue Mar 20 14:40:47 UTC 2007

I'm having a problem with the Linux (unix) at command.  I have a
program/script that needs to run another program/script within seconds.
Unfortunately the at command only accepts minutes as input.  Therefore,
scheduling a command within a minute (i.e. adding 1 minute to the
current time), can cause the command to run within 1 to 60 seconds.
(Add 1 minute to a time such as 11:43:59 will cause it to run at
11:44:00, one second later.)  I don't quite understand why unix has this
limitation.
Is there something else I should be considering?

TIA,

Frank M. Ramaekers Jr.
Systems Programmer; MCP, MCP+I, MCSE & RHCE
American Income Life Insurance Company
Phone: (254) 761-6649     Fax: (254) 741-5777