[CentOS] How to bind a username to an ip address with squid

Will McDonald wmcdonald at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 08:01:13 UTC 2007

On 21/03/07, Indunil Jayasooriya <indunil75 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi ALL,
>
> I am running squid with ncsa support.
>
> Each user has a username and passowrd to access Internet.
>
> Now the probles is that user now can access Internet with his username and
> password from all the workstations. I do not need it.
>
> So, I think if I bind username to ip address, user can access Internet from
> that particular pc having that ip address.

Indunil,

Have you done *any* research in to this before posting? Or read any
documentation? I only ask because you don't state otherwise and 30
seconds Googling turns up a near identical request from someone on
another mailing list...

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=squid+username+ip+address&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

in addition to other information.

http://linux.omnipotent.net/article.php?article_id=4048

You really should start by trying to solve your problems yourself and
*then* post a detailed description of the problem complete with an
outline of any research you've carried out and what conclusions you've
drawn.

Will.