[CentOS] CentOS 5 Beta Feels Snappier

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 20:20:31 UTC 2007

On 3/22/07, Rodrigo Barbosa <rodrigob at darkover.org> wrote:
> Yes, it is stupid, and should not be on /tmp. .X0-lock should be on
> /var/lock (or /var/run). .X11-unix should be on /var/run or /var/state.
> xses-rodrigob* should be on my home diretory (maybe .xsessions/).
> And so one and so forth.

The x session files provide an interesting case, because many X apps
will get angry if they're used over NFS, so any large-scale system
(think ldap auth and automounted home dirs) would have issues. They
should be somewhere not in /tmp, nor in /home. /var/tmp would
potentially be a better place than /tmp

George Orwell