[CentOS] Complex sendmail alias handling.

Hugh E Cruickshank

hugh at forsoft.com
Fri Mar 23 17:49:47 UTC 2007

Hi all:

I have a situation where I need to change the distribution of emails
for selected accounts on a regular basis. This is for the controlling
of the distribution of our "support" email address.

In the past I just created a "alias.bas" file to hold the bulk of our
aliases and then 3 "support" alias files, alias.wkd, alias.evn and
alias.wed (for weekday, evening and weekend day distribution lists) and
then used crontab entries to cat the base file and one of the "support"
files into the alias file and run newaliases.

This worked fine while everyone was working on an 0800-1600 schedule
but now we have one person that will be working on an 0600-1800
schedule a few days per week. This is going really muck up my simple
little procedures.

I was wondering if anyone out there new of something short of an
automatic email receiving and routing package (which I have not
done any research on) that might fit my simple requirements.

Failing that can anyone recommend an automatic email receiving and
routing package that is not to difficult to setup?

TIA

Regards, Hugh

--
Hugh E Cruickshank, Forward Software, www.forward-software.com