[CentOS] Samba config for Windows on VMWare

Mark Hull-Richter mhull-richter at datallegro.com
Fri Mar 23 22:49:29 UTC 2007

Hmm, you're either dazzling me with your brilliance or baffling me....

The vmware client is using a bridged Ethernet adapter (meaning same as
the host, I think).

Here's iptables -L:

Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
RH-Firewall-1-INPUT  all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
RH-Firewall-1-INPUT  all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain RH-Firewall-1-INPUT (2 references)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     icmp --  anywhere             anywhere            icmp any
ACCEPT     ipv6-crypt--  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     ipv6-auth--  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             224.0.0.251         udp
dpt:5353
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            udp dpt:ipp
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere            state
RELATED,ESTABLISHED
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW
tcp dpt:ssh
REJECT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere            reject-with
icmp-host-prohibited

Hope that's what you were asking for, 'cuz I'm not too familiar with any
of this stuff....

Since they're on the same machine, I wouldn't expect it to be so much
hassle....