[CentOS] Re: Complex sendmail alias handling.

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Fri Mar 23 23:32:29 UTC 2007

Hugh E Cruickshank spake the following on 3/23/2007 1:42 PM:
> From: John Plemons Sent: March 23, 2007 12:28
>> OK, why not just add a couple more scripts to the cron job you have
>> now.  One for 0600 to 0800 aliases, then run the 0800 to 1600 version,
>> then next 1600 to 1800 version, but you should still be able to do it
>> in
>> the same manor you are handling it in already...  Adding 2 more support
>> files should get it done, just use cron to make live as needed...
>>

> Hi John:
>
> Yes I know I can do that (and probably will for now) but it not quite
> as simple as adding 2 new files. All the work schedules do not coincide
> with each other which means I will probably be adding 4 or more files
> to the mix and more crontab entries as well. When you consider adding
> more people or having them change shifts for some reason it gets even
> worse. The more complex the setup the less flexible and the more likely
> there will be errors.
>
> I really thought there might be soemthing out there like what I need.
>

> Thanks for your input.
>
> Regards, Hugh

Maybe a login page for the techs that triggers the changing of the aliases
with sed-like scripts.. add them when they log in, remove them when they log
out, and also remove them after a certain amount of time if they don't log
out. That way you aren't depentent on certain times, and changing schedules,
like vacations or sick days.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and