[CentOS] Any compelling reasons to upgrade to 5

DamianS dsteward at internode.on.net
Mon Mar 26 07:45:19 UTC 2007

> But I'm just not sure if the jump is big enough to make it worth it.
> Anyone know? I'm getting that upgrade itch that comes from back in the
> days when I upgraded SuSE, Mandrake, Red Hat, Fedora, etc. every 6 months.
> Having a machine running solid for 2 years is weird for me and I'm getting
> that itch, but I'm wondering if there isn't any solid reason to bother
> with it.

If your server/s are running solid, there is zero reason to upgrade to a
beta. Don't tamper with something that's working flawlessly.

Only reason for me to upgrade is newer versions of Apache, PHP and
MySQL.
I could use some of the features in PHP5. But not right now.
I'll wait six months for the suckers... err users, to iron out the
distro bugs, then I might consider it.