[CentOS] Question about rebooting and iptables rules persisting

Preston Crawford

me at prestoncrawford.com
Mon Mar 26 07:23:27 UTC 2007

So I use Samba on my home network. I open the samba ports in the GUI tool
for CentOS 4. Here is the problem. Every time I reboot I'm forced to run
system-config-securitylevel to get firewall ports open again. So like if I
reboot samba won't work. I go into that tool either via command line or
via the GUI and I simply click "ok" and samba is suddenly open.

Does anyone know what is happening? I've tried iptables -save or whatever.
Nothing seems to work in getting these ports to be open on reboot.

Preston