[CentOS] software raid

Jim Thario jim at thario.net
Tue Mar 27 22:27:06 UTC 2007

Hi,

Software RAID works well for me. I have three CentOS systems running
low-cost IDE RAID-1 configurations. I have had a drive fail in a RAID-1
configuration and things ran along just fine until I got the spare
replaced. I didn't realize a drive had failed until I read my email
mid-morning and there was a message from the monitor. :-)

There are a lot of tutorials and help out there on this topic for you.

Thanks,
Jim