[CentOS] Tape drive recommendations

Gordon McLellan gordonthree at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 00:38:57 UTC 2007

Joe,

I just wanted to share my 2 cents:  When I was pricing tape backup
solutions for a recent project, I chose LTO3 over LTO2 (or any of the
other formats).   The price difference between LTO2 and 3 was minimal,
and double the native capacity (and speed) is hard to ignore.  Aside
from checking application support, I used price per gigabyte as the
major determining factor.

Gordon