[CentOS] Samba

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Thu Mar 29 16:10:11 UTC 2007

Dave K wrote:

> There is the Samba "swat" tool.
>
> http://samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/SWAT.html
>
>> From memory, you need to install "samba-swat", then you need to enable
> and start the swat server with chkconfig and service (or just start it
> with service when you need it).  I think you need xinetd too.

actually, you enable it by editing /etc/xinetd.d/swat and commenting out
the disable=yes line w/ a #, then `service xinetd reload`

its not a bad idea to enable the only_from line too, and specify the IP
of the system or subnet you wish to control it from, this supports
1.2.3.4/24 style network notation too.