[CentOS] OT: RHCE Exam

Edward Croft croftale at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 14:58:49 UTC 2007

There is only two parts now? Sheesh, long time since I took it. I had to go
to Triangle Park back then. Stayed a week to take the course and then the
test in three parts took all day. I did extremely well on it. The things
that got me was that at the time I was a SCO guru and I got a couple of the
commands wrong because of the slight difference in the way they were
handled.

On 3/24/07, Roy Ong <centos-list at royong.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 2007-03-24 at 07:40 -0800, Shawn Everett wrote:
> > > if you are good enough, taking the RH300 will ensure your pass. If you
> > > do not take the RH300, you will likely get the RHCT if you do not pass
> > > and you will get the RHCE the second time round...
> > >

> > This is something I wasn't aware of.  Are you saying that if I take the
> > RH300 fast track course and do OK, at the very least I'll end up a RHCT?
> >
> > That's a nice idea.
> >
> > Shawn
> >
> > PS.  I'm not asking anyone to violate an NDA, just looking for general
> > information.
>
> Nope. Taking the RHCE exam (RH302) doesn't necessary mean that you will
> end up with RHCT - you still must be able to complete all the required
> RHCT competencies in order to earn the RHCT certification.
>
> Here's the typical route for an "experienced" or "good enuff"
> :: Attend the Rapid Track (RH300) and then take the RHCE Exam (RH302)
> where the requirements of the exams are as follows:
>
> #### https://www.redhat.com/training/rhce/courses/rhexam.html
>
> The two parts of the RHCE Exam consist of:
> Section I: Troubleshooting and System Maintenance (2.5 hours)
> Section II: Installation and Configuration (3 hours)
>
> In order to pass the Red Hat Certified Engineer exam under Red Hat
> Enterprise Linux 4, you must meet all of the following requirements:
> a score of 80 or higher on Section I, consisting of five compulsory and
> five optionals problems;
> successful completion of the five Section I compulsory troubleshooting
> problems within one hour of that section's start time;
> 70 percent or more on the RHCT-level skills in Section II;
> 70 percent or more on the RHCE-level skills in Section II.
>
> These last two requirements enable RHCEs to demonstrate that they
> possess both RHCT-level and RHCE-level skills, as well as enabling a
> person who only has RHCT level skills to earn RHCT if they pass the
> required competencies.
>
> Candidates will be emailed exam results within three business days
> following the exam.

If the sane say the insane are insane,
What if the sane are insane?
Would that make the insane sane?