[CentOS] CentOS 5 Live CD

Mark Rose mrose77 at charter.net
Tue May 1 02:04:56 UTC 2007

---- MrKiwi <mrkiwi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Mark,
>
> Can you please expand on 'primary os'? Do you mean you run
> your day-to-day computing from a pen drive? Or you use
> CentOS 4 as your primary os?
> If the former is the case, i'd love to know more.
>

> MrKiwi

Actually, it is the former - at work, all the PCs are running a very locked-down Win XP install, so to bypass it and have the tools to actually do my job, I use my "Live USB".  I basically followed the instructions posted in http://linux.web.psi.ch/livecd/usbdisk.html and use the CentOS Live CD iso.

I used a 2G Lexar FireFly (1G  partition formatted via FAT for the LiveCD and 1G /home via ext3).  If I need to transfer files, I will copy them to the FAT partition.

I hope this helps!

Mark