[CentOS] Strange behavior in X, esp. VMWare Windows

Bart Schaefer

barton.schaefer at gmail.com
Tue May 1 15:44:38 UTC 2007

On 4/30/07, Mark Hull-Richter <mhullrich at gmail.com> wrote:

> That was another of the oddities - the copy of my xorg.conf file I had
> for a backup disappeared....  All of the xorg.conf.* files were
> createad by pyxf86config, instead of system-config-display (i.e., they
> were prepackaged).

Do you have some sort of auto-update that runs overnight?

> Even so, though, why would the cursor be off-position, and only on the
> right screen?

Is it out of place for all applications on that screen, or only inside
the VMs?  I've had cases where multiple layers of translation (such as
through VNC and then a VM desktop emulation) would cause the cursor to
track incorrectly.  Usually the VM cursor "runs ahead" of the real X
cursor, moving farther than it should on every gesture; I've never
tracked this down, though I suspect some kind of mouse acceleration
conflict.