[CentOS] Installed CentOS 5 today, question about an error I'm getting

Preston Crawford me at prestoncrawford.com
Tue May 1 17:36:51 UTC 2007

> I am also running CentOS 5.0 x86 and I am not getting such message.

I don't either when I run the non-xen kernel. I started running that
kernel to try to get VMWare installed (I have a P4 and need VMWare to run
virtual Windows, can't do the hardware Xen) and the error went away. Do
you run the standard kernel?

> Myself can't install en-uk dictionary for thunderbird in my user account.

Yeah. I tried installing the compat libs, which is what the web site for
that extension says may be necessary, but it still doesn't work. :(

> I am not getting this behaviour either.

I was. But as soon as I switched to the non-Xen kernel it stopped. Odd.

Preston