[CentOS] Re: No grahical install on notebook with Centos 5, did work with Centos 4

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed May 2 17:48:28 UTC 2007

Ralph Angenendt spake the following on 5/2/2007 10:35 AM:
> Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>> Working to put Centos 5 on my old Toshiba Portege 3490ct (256Mb memory).
>> PCMCIA CDrom and Lan card.
>>
>> After recognizing the video card I get the message about no graphical
>> install available.  Putting on and external monitor does not change this.
>
> Let me quote the Release Notes:
>
>   o The anaconda installer needs at least 128MB of memory to work, and
>     will only use text mode if the system has less than 256MB of RAM.
>
> I guess that this is "includig 256MB".
>
> Ralph
The installer could be reading your system as less than 256 MB of ram. Does it
have shared memory for the video?
I have installed in 256 M on VMWare, so you could try the linux graphical
( I think ) option.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and