[CentOS] Install hung 51%

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed May 2 22:28:37 UTC 2007

Martin Marques wrote:
> Robert Moskowitz escribió:
>> The Centos 5 install on my notebook stopped at 51% complete on
>> downloading packages.
>>
>> Is there anyway to restart where it hung?
>
> Last time (I think it was the only time) this happened to me was with
> a FC3 instalation. I just booted from the instalation CD again and it
> started to install the packages from where it had problems (in my case
> I think it was due to a power outage).
Well I rebooted.
It figured out to go with askmethod
After it connected to the ftp server and got to the Welcome Centos
screen and offered to install or update,
I selected to update.
It seemed to do something but rapidly went to the finish and reboot.
I rebooted and now looking at the grub prompt.
So, no it did not recover