[CentOS] Zimbra MTA and Contact package?

Lonny Selinger lonny at bangtherockstogether.net
Mon May 7 19:34:18 UTC 2007

----- "John Plemons" <john at mavin.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have any feedback on the Zimbra MTA and Contact software?
>

> I just saw that Comcast is going to start using the software, I played
>
> with it over a year ago and dumped it.  It seems to have been
> developed
> much further and works, open source and compiled for RedHat 4
> Enterprise.
>
> Any feedback would be helpful...

I'm running it now and it's incredible. I went from a courier IMAP, postfix, and squirrelmail set up. Used imap-sync to copy mail data (which took the most time) and had Zimbra up and running in about 15 - 20 minutes. For the most part it's just taking time learning all the CLI stuff for tweaking but I'm very impressed.

--
Regards,
Lonny