[CentOS] Anaconda doesn't support raid10

Ross S. W. Walker rwalker at medallion.com
Mon May 7 20:51:04 UTC 2007

Ok, my bad raid5/6 can be created during install even if OS
can't boot from it.

I guess raid10 is the red headed stepchild of anaconda...

I suggest this:

/dev/md0 raid1, 128MB partition, all 4 drives, for /boot
/dev/md1 raid1, rest of drive space, first 2 drives, for lvm
/dev/md2 raid1, rest of drive space, second 2 drives, for lvm

lvm volgroup CentOS, comprised of /dev/md1 and /dev/md2
	logical vol1, root, interleave 2, mount /, 16GB
	logical vol2, swap, interleave 2, swapfs, 4GB

This will provide the same performance and fail-over as a raid10.

If you remove the first disk and boot make sure BIOS is set to boot
off of disk2!

-Ross