[CentOS] Anaconda doesn't support raid10

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Tue May 8 17:38:14 UTC 2007

Ruslan Sivak wrote:
> Interesting thing... I build the following set up:
>
> /boot on raid1
> swap on raid0
> / on raid6
> /data on 2 lvm raid1's.
>
> I shut down and plucked out one of the drives (3rd one I believe).
> Booted back up, everything was fine.  Even swap (I think).  I,
> rebooted, put in the old drive, hot added the partitions and
> everything rebuilt beautifully.  (again not sure about swap).

well, if your drive has the courtesy to die while your computer is
shutdown, then you know it will boot.   but if it fails while the system
is running, I can pretty much guarantee you'll get a kernel panic.

of course, a raid0 with a missing member simply doesn't exist, so
undoubtably if you'd checked, you'd have found your system was running
without any swap at all.

unclear if your raid0 rebuilt itself, the mdadm --misc --detail /dev/mdX
   command will show the status.