[CentOS] CentOS 4.4 Installation on Dell poweredge 2900 raid 1 + raid 5 fail

Rick Barnes linux at sitevision.com
Wed May 9 19:02:11 UTC 2007

Fung wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I install CentOS 4.4 without additional driver disk.
> When I partition the disk, I create nothing on the raid 5, and I just
> create " / " " /boot " and "swap" on the raid 1.
>
> And  it works.
>
> When I create a mount point /storage on the raid 5 and  create " / " "
> /boot " and "swap" on the raid 1.
>
> The error comes again, saying that there are inconsistency on the raid
> /dev/sdb1
>
> What should I do?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean? Are you using hardware raid or
software?

I have completed both C4.4 and C5 installs on 2 separate PE2950's.
In both cases, I used the hardware raid controller with 3 drives in
raid5 with no problems. I would recommend using the hw-raid controller
as the support seems pretty good.

> Regards,
> Fung

Rick