[CentOS] iFolder server on Centos 5

Tim Uckun timuckun at gmail.com
Thu May 10 04:58:23 UTC 2007

On 5/10/07, Matt Shields <mattboston at gmail.com> wrote:
> Were you able to get this working?  After seeing your email about
> this, it looks like something I could use.

As I said I got it kind of working.  Some clients are able to log in,
some are not. Some log files nothing but spaces other's don't really
say anything useful. They give microsoft type of error messages like
"object reference not set" or some such crap.

My advice is not to bother it's just not worth your headache. I am
stuck with my install because I have some users on it they have lots
of data but I curse the day I chose to install this thing.

Furthermore there is no community to ask for help. The developers
don't answer questions, if you are really really lucky they will ask
you for some logs or config files and then completely ignore you after
that.

Maybe one day when 3.6 finally becomes stable it will be worth looking
at but that project is at least a year behind now. They promised an
interim 3.5 stable release and that never materialized either, they
rushed out a "developer release" but it's buggy as hell.

Take my advice stay far away from this project. Use rsync, use unison,
use powerfolders, use scp, use subversion use anything else but this
thing.

you have been warned. I have spent countless hours trying to get this
thing working properly and it never had learn from my hard earned
experience.