[CentOS] Disable window scaling during kickstart

Plant, Dean

dean.plant at roke.co.uk
Thu May 10 17:34:54 UTC 2007

Hello List,

Due to a problem with CentOS 5 and one of our firewalls I am having to
disable tcp window scaling to stop network connections grinding to a
halt. I am also trying to Kickstart CentOS 5 machines through the
firewall so need to disable window scaling at install time.

I have added to the kickstart file

%pre
echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_window_scaling

But the install still hangs while transferring the stage2.img

Should the above %pre work or do I need to do something else to disable
window scaling during the install.

In case anyone's interested CentOS 5 is the first time we have suffered
this problem both CentOS 3&4 worked without issue.

Thanks

Dean