[CentOS] reading lvm

Dave

dmehler26 at woh.rr.com
Sat May 12 04:31:03 UTC 2007

Hi,
    I don't like to start messages out this way and this is my opinion but
i'm really beginning to hate lvm.
    With that out of the way here's the situation. I have a centos 4.4 drive
with two partitions on it, one an hd*1 partition former /boot ext3
partition, which i can read fine, but which doesn't have the data i want.
I've got some data on an lvm volume /dev/hd*2 which contains two partitions
within it's volume, the last one which i believe is swap and the first one
which was a former / filesystem and has data on it i am trying to obtain.
Using fdisk i can read that it's linux-lvm, but i can't get mount to read
it.
    Any advice appreciated.
Thanks.
Dave.