[CentOS] CentOS 5 and Broadcom wireless

Bart Schaefer barton.schaefer at gmail.com
Sat May 12 18:16:31 UTC 2007

On 5/12/07, Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu> wrote:
> FC6 is on kernel 2.6.20 currently, and CentOS 5 is at 2.6.18.  It is highly
> likely that the 2.6.20 bcm43xx driver will not be backported to 2.6.18 by
> RedHat; whether it even CAN be backported to 2.6.18 is questionable.

So evidently I need to install ndiswrapper.  Any recommended places to
download an RPM or a .src.rpm?  RPMforge has one that requires dkms
which in turn seems to mean that I have to compile something even
after I install the .noarch.rpm, and if that's the case I'd rather
just build it directly from the source.