[CentOS] Now I can't shutdown [was: Screen blanks after initial setup (Centos 5)]

Itay centos at nospammail.net
Sun May 13 03:09:11 UTC 2007

On Sat, 12 May 2007, Itay wrote:

> Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 19:22:54 +0300 (IDT)
> From: Itay <centos at nospammail.net>
> To: centos at centos.org
> Subject: [CentOS] Screen blanks after initial setup (Centos 5)

> The installation process went without noticable problems; this is true to the
> setup phase immediately after the installtion. However: after pressing
> "Finish" in the Setup Agent the screen blanked on me -  Ctrl-Alt-F1,
> Ctrl-Alt-F2, Ctrl-Alt-backspace, Ctrl-Alt-Del didn't help.  Nada.

And I can't shutdown it, not even with the power button.

Before I pull the plug from the power outlet:
 	__ is there anything else I may try? __
I really hate the thought of it: brute-force shutting down a
brand new machine immediately after installation is finished.

And, yes, how would you recommend to reboot?
Any specific parameters to deliver to the kernel recommended?

Thanks. *sigh*

Itay

--
   Itay Furman  <centos at nospammail.net>