[CentOS] cups error 426 when accessing admin functions

Dave

dmehler26 at woh.rr.com
Sun May 13 20:34:11 UTC 2007

Hello,
I've got a centos 5 machine running the latest cups rpm v1.2.4. I've
included my config minus comments below. My problem is via a web browser i
can access the / resource without a problem, but when either clicking on any
admin function or direct browsing to an admin address /admin i get a message
error 426 upgrade required and i'm told i have to connect to an https
address of the same name. When either clicking on that address or direct
browsing to it i am getting an error 404 page not found. This config worked
previously in 1.22 so i am not sure where my issue is. I'd appreciate any
help.
Thanks.
Dave.

ServerName wserv.davemehler.net
ServerAdmin dmehler26 at woh.rr.com
AccessLog /var/log/cups/access_log
DataDir /usr/share/cups
DefaultCharset utf-8
DefaultLanguage en
DocumentRoot /usr/share/doc/cups-1.2.4
ErrorLog /var/log/cups/error_log
LogFilePerm 0600
MaxLogSize 2000000000
LogLevel info
MaxLogSize 10485760
PageLog /var/log/cups/page_log
PreserveJobHistory Yes
PreserveJobFiles No
AutoPurgeJobs No
MaxCopies 100
MaxJobs 500
MaxJobsPerPrinter 0
MaxJobsPerUser 0
MaxPrinterHistory 10
Printcap /etc/printcap
PrintcapFormat BSD
RequestRoot /var/spool/cups
ServerBin /usr/lib/cups
ServerRoot /etc/cups
ServerTokens ProductOnly
ServerCertificate /etc/cups/ssl/server.crt
ServerKey /etc/cups/ssl/server.key
User lp
Group sys
RIPCache 8m