[CentOS] IBM x3250 + CentOS

Lorenzo lorenzo at gmk.it
Tue May 15 10:48:21 UTC 2007

Ben Brick ha scritto:
> Hi,
> Is anyone using CentOS on an IBM x3250?
> Were you able to get it working using vanilla CentOS, without any binary
> drivers?
>
> Any tips onlist or off would be appreicated.
> We are planning to buy one soon.
>
> Ben

I have a couple of IBM x3550 (don't know the differences) and the setup
was a snap;
I've just started with the ServerGuide CD and prepared the system with
the onboard raid; then rebooted and installed CentOS 5.0 without any
trouble at all (well, really I had to use PXE and remote install over
vnc since I didn't had an usb keyboard, but this is another story :) )

Where are you having troubles?

Lorenzo