[CentOS] Re: Introduction

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue May 15 14:47:56 UTC 2007

Dag Wieers spake the following on 5/15/2007 7:17 AM:
> On Tue, 15 May 2007, Niki Kovacs wrote:
>
>> I have an armada of PCs that i can fiddle with, and I've currently installed
>> two different versions of CentOS, one as minimal as I could, one with a
>> default GNOME desktop. On my personal laptop I have the Red Hat Deployment
>> Guide, as well as some more CentOS-specific docs. I have a list of 40 or so
>> items that I will have to take care of in the following days or weeks, maybe
>> months: "minimal install?", "yum?", "configure wireless rt2500, rt61,
>> ipw3945?", "find extra repos for multimedia stuff?", etcetera. I just went to
>> take a peek at IRC, and "Arrfab" told me the main communication channel for
>> CentOS was this mailing list.
>
> Hi Niki,
>
> I maintain an add-on repository for CentOS called RPMforge.
>
> I'm very interested to look at the hardware issues you may have and see
> how we can fix them using dkms modules. Of course, fixing and packaging
> hardware drivers requires some investigation and guidance from you.
>
> Let me know what I can assist you with.
>
> Kind regards,
> --   dag wieers,  dag at wieers.com,  http://dag.wieers.com/   --
> [all I want is a warm bed and a kind word and unlimited power]

Field Commander Wieers will hook you up!
He has a little bit of everything. And the rest of the list is very helpful.
Debian is great if you want old and stable, but CentOS is just as stable, and
somewhat more current.

Welcome to the Jungle!!!

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...