[CentOS] clamav error

Indunil Jayasooriya indunil75 at gmail.com
Wed May 16 05:42:50 UTC 2007

Thanks for your quick info.

I just disabled selinux as follows.

[root at box init.d]# setenforce 0

Then , I restarted clam as follows.

[root at box init.d]# /etc/init.d/clamd restart
Stopping Clam AntiVirus Daemon:                            [  OK  ]
Starting Clam AntiVirus Daemon: Running as user clamav (UID 100, GID 101)
                                                           [  OK  ]

Now it is okay,  But , is it a good idea to leave selinux disabled ?

And I also want to tell you that this is a fresh server. So no
/etc/clamd.conf.rpmnew was saved there.

On 5/16/07, Abba Communications <lists06 at abbacomm.net> wrote:

>  IF you have the same issues that others had when it first came out, then…
>

> As I recall, there are slight differences between the older clamav
> /etc/clamd.conf files and the new one that must be addressed.
>

> It is a simple google to take care of.
>

> You might look in the /etc dir and see if a clamd.conf.rpmnew was created
> that has the info you need
>

>  - rh
>
> --
> Abba Communications