[CentOS] alpha server for CentOS

Abba Communications lists06 at abbacomm.net
Fri May 18 15:59:55 UTC 2007

> > Well.. depends on the job, etc you want on it. A 667 Mhz alpha is the
> > equiv speed of a 166 to 300 Mhz Pentium box (if I remember the
> > building speeds on the old alphas we had).
>
> I think that this is an EV6 Alpha, in which case it is about the speed of
> a 2.0 GHz Pentium 4.
>
> -steve

When the alpha stuff was brought up on the list recently regarding the
"need", I asked and there was some productive info given by you (I think it
was) or someone else as to what to get "minimum"

:-)

That machine was a candidate according to the specs that were given.

I was bidding on it and was going to buy it for CentOS yet noone got back to
me on the list fast enough so I didn't continue bidding...

Also, noone said if CentOS recv'd a machine yet.

Has anyone called HP or have an contacts in HP to get a machine donated?

Just like God has the biggest hands of all to bless people with... HP has
bigger hands than I do in helping CentOS with an Alpha.

:-)

 - rh

--
Abba Communications